- Technical support targeting national networks and the establishment of adequate policies for key populations;
- Supported the creation of national networks in Yemen and Jordan;
- Improved coordination and networking among CSOs in the region;
- Built capacities of CSOs in the region;
- Ensured representation of CSOs in several events and regional and international meetings;
- Better participation of women and people living with HIV.
- Coordinated the research and advocacy project: "Enhancing access to services and policy dialogue on HIV and men who have sex with men (MSM)“at regional level. A project initiated by the International Alliance against HIV / AIDS, in partnership with: UNAIDS, UNDP, civil society organizations in Algeria, Lebanon, Morocco, and Tunisia.
a) Lebanon - June 29, 2011
b) Tunisia - October 24-26, 2011
c) Egypt – February 6-8, 2012
Networking and Capacity Building:
a) Lebanon July 26-28, 2011 (participating countries: Jordan, Bahrain, KSA, Syria, Oman, Yemen, Palestine, Egypt and Lebanon)
b) Morocco November 10-12, 2011 (participating countries: Tunisia, Algeria, Djibouti, Sudan, Somalia, Libya and Morocco.
c) Washington DC, USA. The International AID Conference July 22-27, 2012
d) Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The Arab AIDS Initiative, November 2012
a) A regional workshop on “Governance and its role in enhancing the performance of Civil Society Organizations” was organized during July 2011 for Presidents of Networks in RANAA member countries. The workshop was attended by 11 participants.
b) A workshop on “Leadership and Advocacy” for the countries in the Horn of Africa in collaboration with the UNDP - Khartoum December 13-15, 2011.
Call for Proposals to RANAA Member Organizations:
a) The 2010 Call for Proposals involved 6 projects for the following countries: Yemen, Tunisia, Lebanon, Syria, KSA and Algeria;
b) The 2011 Call for Proposals approved projects for the following countries:
Algeria (2), Egypt, Morocco, Somalia, Yemen, Jordan and Tunisia.