Name: Dr. Adel N. A. Malek
Dr.Adel Malek received his PhD in public health, majoring in Epidemiology from High Institute of Public Health, Alexandria University – 1999. He also holds a diploma in child health from Alexandria University as well as an MBCh B from Alexandria School of Medicine.
With an extensive professional experience on HIV/AIDS–related intervention programs and researches, both at national and international levels, his remarkable career involved consultancy assignments with the World Health Organization Geneva / WFP / UNAIDS; 10 years in East Africa (Zambia) at a senior post, under the Arab league fund for technical aid to African countries/ WHO; with the Food Aid Program (FAP) / WFP/ UNAIDS and with Caritas Egypt, Alexandria office and Egyptien National Network Against AIDS "ENNAA".
Dr. Malek participated in a number of local, regional and international conferences where he presented research papers.
Author of six training manuals, he also translated five WHO documents from English into Arabic and was principal investigator in 37 published/presented papers (27 on HIV/AIDS/STIs/TB/IDUs–related issues).
Dr. Malek currently holds the following positions:
• Vice Chairman, "CCM" Egypt, Global Fund's Country Coordinating Mechanism.
• Board member, " RANAA". Regional Arab Network against AIDS
• Chairman and director general, the Consultancy Center for research and development, Alexandria, Egypt.
• Consultant, Egyptian National Network Against AIDS "ENNAA".
• Consultant, Caritas Egypt, Alexandria.
• Board member, Alexandria for Women Heath and Development
• Board consultant, ESNL
• International health consultant (Free- lance consultant).